The G100 Blue Ocean initiative is supported by Cascadia Seaweed in British Columbia, Canada.
Cascadia Seaweed is the largest North American provider of ocean cultivated seaweed — a regenerative crop with a variety of uses requiring only the sea and sunlight to grow. By partnering with Indigenous communities to cultivate seaweed in the ocean, they help solve some of the biggest challenges humanity faces today; climate change, economic instability, and food security.
Bill Collins, Chairman of Cascadia Seaweed
UPCOMING PROJECT SUPPORTING THE G100 BLUE OCEAN INITIATIVE
Date: May – July 2022 (Weather dependent)
Geography: From California to Oahu, Hawaii
Overview: To be the first person to wing-foil across any ocean in the world, solo and unsupported. Starting on the West Coast of California, Half Moon Bay, across the Pacific to Oahu, Hawaii.
The journey is 2750 Miles, taking an estimated 45-50 days, via wing and paddle a minimum of 8-12 hours per day, covering between 40- 60miles/over 60- 90km per day. Chris will be tracked by a GPS daily during the entire crossing. GPS tracking will be used for safety and new media engagement. The public will be able to follow and track his progress daily, across all the media platforms via satellite, web tracking, geotag links, and daily/ weekly updates to social media.
GPS tracking will be updated via a live log /blog of the days’ experiences, including:
• distance covered real-time weather, ocean conditions, challenges, hardships, creatures seen and the ocean pollution he sees along his journey.
• This creates a REAL-TIME adventure for everyone to follow and engage with, with numerous competitions built into the entire project, predicting Chris’s progress, throughout the journey.
Chris’s last Stand-Up Paddle Journey attracted hundreds of thousands of followers via his tracker and his riveting weekly Captain’s log updates he posted throughout his entire journey.
• Use Sport to inspire positive change!
• To raise money and awareness for Conservation, Education, Sustainability and to inspire positive change in everyone who follows this incredible journey!
Impact Region: North America / Europe / South Africa – This project will be broadcast globally, but major partners and supporters are in this region.
• Sponsoring Scholarships and Ocean Outreach Programs for disadvantaged kids through the Two Oceans Aquarium Education Foundation.
• Shining a light on Ocean Unite’s 30×30 strategy to protect 30% of the planet’s water resources by 2030.
• Sponsoring money towards ocean protection and marine conservation through Sea Shepherd.
• Sponsoring money towards global Conservation Projects through Conservation International.
• Sponsoring the planting of mangrove trees through Heyerdahl Climate Change Park.
• Building ocean classroom sessions and educational videos, broadcast to thousands of children globally.
How YOU can help:
Pledge a mile!