In 2020, the world and our G100 community lost two prolific leaders; Ruth Bader Ginsburg and Sir Ken Robinson who inspired generations – through education and example – they made what seemed the impossible; possible. To honour these Visionaries, we are establishing a scholarship fund.
Our first G100 Inspiritus Campaign will support the extraordinary work of another member of our G100 Visionary community, Sima Samar.
She is a doctor for the poor, an educator of the marginalized, and a defender of the human rights of all in Afghanistan. She has established and nurtured the Shuhada Organization that has operated more than one hundred schools and 15 clinics and hospitals dedicated to providing education and healthcare, particularly focusing on women and girls. She served in the Interim Administration of Afghanistan and established the first-ever Ministry of Women’s Affairs. Since 2002, she has chaired the Afghanistan Independent Human Rights Commission that promotes and protects human rights and holds human rights violators accountable, a commitment that has put her own life at great risk.
The G100 Foundation is developing a grassroots global campaign to support Sima Samar and the Shuhada Organization so they can continue to educate women in Afghanistan and the Afghan refugee community in Pakistan.
Our scholarship fund will enable these women to attend Gowharshad University and become empowered through knowledge. It will also make possible what seemed impossible due to their environmental and economic circumstances.
Afghanistan and Afghan refugee community in Pakistan
• To provide funding for higher education for females where access to education is not encouraged, accessible, or economically feasible.
• Aide in creating systemic and long-term change for girls and women by:
• Enabling a sense of purpose and instilling an opportunity to be an agent of positive change in Afghanistan and be an example to the whole world
• Developing sustainable career opportunities which empower economic freedom and promote the role of women in society.
Fundraising Goal: $2,000,000 USD
Costs per Student: (Full Tuition/Expense)
• Yearly fee: $1,800 USD
(includes tuition and *expenses for the full academic year (10 months per academic year)
• Full tuition fee: (4 years + all *expenses) $7,200 USD
*expenses include: Books, Room/Board, Food, Transportation